Former Royal Navy Chief Engineering Technician. Holds 9 years experience within the Superyacht industry as a highly motivated professional Mechanical/Electrical Engineer widely experienced in a broad range of disciplines.
An energetic, resourceful and highly motivated professional Mechanical/Electrical Engineer widely experienced in a broad range of disciplines. A concentrated career path in the supervision of new builds for the Superyacht market over 9 years amassing a wealth of experience, which includes, but not limited to, the interior outfitting of highly complex and bespoke guest and crew interiors. Highly competent in the exterior outfitting of vessels to include the full preservation of the vessel and the demands and the requirements of external paint and the very high standards needed to achieve the desires of the client, all this completing the full requirement of all suppliers to ensure integration of all systems and products, whether for machinery, electrical systems, HVAC, carpentry, paint and preservation, navigation and control systems, alarm and monitoring systems and AV & IT systems to ensure the vessel is delivered in all respects ready to be used by the client. Has attended Factory Acceptance Tests to ensure all types of machinery or equipment is fit for purpose before acceptance to be used on a vessel.
An effective, intuitive and objective communicator at all levels from Chief Executive and Senior Managers to Employees and the General Public. Fully conversant with all present legislation and statutory requirements for the ship building industry, having completed Class Certification and vessel Compliance for Flag States, to Lloyds, Germanischer Lloyd and M.C.A. requirements. Adaptable, flexible and dedicated with a proven record of success in maintenance, human resource planning, training and development, quality assurance and health and safety. Vast experience of project management, within refit, new build and commissioning and acceptance of vessels. An enthusiastic, ambitious and dynamic achiever progressively promoted by examination and personal recommendation.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- MCA CLASS 1 ENG.-Warsash Maritime Centre
- MCA, CLASS 2 ENG. – South Tyneside Technical College
- BTEC OND – Engineering including Nuclear Plant Engineering at Naval Marine Engineering College
- Royal Naval Engineering Artificer First Class – mechanical and electrical
- COSHH/Health & Safety risk assessor
- City & Guilds – Fitting and machining
- City & Guilds –Internal combustion engines
- City & Guilds – Air conditioning and refrigeration
- High power switchboard operator’s certificate
- Nuclear steam raising plant operator’s certificate
- Auxiliary machinery operator’s certificate
- ISO 9002 Quality Management Systems – quality auditor
- Health & Safety Law, Risk Assessment and COSHH
- Management and leadership course including instrucitonal techniques
- Professional courses in vibration analysis, gas chromatography, radiological safety adn health physics
- Hull vibration monitoring
- Submarine engineering including hydraulics, pneumatics, domestic systems, fluid systems etc.
- Diving course to act as underwater engineering support
- Submerged helipcopter escape course
- Fire fighting and first aid