A confident and highly motivated Chief Officer with 10 years’ experience in the Merchant Navy and Superyacht industry, culminating in achieving a Masters Unlimited II/2.
Fully proficient in the keeping of a safe navigational watch, overseeing all onboard operations and directly managing guest relations. Experience gained with both Paper and Electronic charts with training and certification to support. Well practiced in mooring operations, managing onboard safety, the training and leadership of emergency response parties and the upkeep and maintenance of a yacht. Experienced in shipyard operations both in wet dock and dry to carry out maintenance, refit work, audits and inspections. Proven ability in the training and management of crew of varying ages, nationalities and languages that has resulted in excellent teamwork creating a safer working environment. Through good communication skills and the ability to adapt to a range of situations whilst working under pressure has achieved great results throughout 7 years in the superyacht industry.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland Certificate of Competency (Masters Unlimited II/2)
- Certified in Bridge Resource
- Polar Course – Basic & Advanced
- Helicopter Landing Officer Initial Training Course (Opito Approved)
- United Kingdom Civil Aviation Authority Offshore Operators Certificate of Competence (Restricted)
- Dynamic Positioning Induction Course
- Shipboard Safety Officer
- PWC Instructor
- Imtech ECDIS 4500 (Type specific)
- Transas Navi Sailor 4000 (Type specific)
- Certificate of Proficiency in Crisis Management and Human Behavior (incorporation Crowd Management and Safety Communication Training) (STCW)
- Certificate of Proficiency in Designated Security Duties (STCW)