A competent Captain with 15 years’ experience within the superyacht industry including new build and re-fit project management who effectively liaises between owners, guests, yacht managers, contractors and colleagues.
Familiar with all aspects of yacht management including ISM/ISPS, MLC, MCA, flag state requirements as well as accurate accounting and reporting. A strong work ethic and absolutely committed to ensuring owners and guests derive the greatest satisfaction from their yacht. Has worked with several marine conservation groups, captaining various expedition and research ships, primarily in the Indian Ocean and Southern Hemisphere.
- Proven operational & team leadership expertise
- Proactive, resourceful and astute leader
- Extensive private & charter yacht knowledge
- Pragmatic and resourceful decision maker
- Vast planning and problem- solving expertise
- Customer, safety, quality & results orientated
- Outstanding interpersonal & communication skills
- Ability to think quickly and inspire confidence
- Excellent client & stakeholder relations skills
- Professionalism, diplomacy & integrity at all times
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- MCA Master of Yachts – Class IV (3000 GRT) ISM Lead Auditor
- MCA CSO/SSO
- MCA DPA Designated Person Ashore MCA Master’s MLC Certificate
- RYA Yacht Master Ocean Instructor Advanced Powerboat Instructor PWC Instructor
- MCA – Ships Operating in Polar Waters
- PADI Dive Master
- Private Pilot’s License PPL Fixed Wing
- Close Protection certified
- (All STCW certificates in compliance with the 2010 Manila Amendments)
- Leader of several teams in challenging environments during exemplary 12-year service career.
- Represented British HM Forces at international level sailing and racing yachts all over the world.